Skip to content
March 02, 2017
10 golden rules to get the most from your Letterbox Stems
- With the Vela logo facing upwards, open the box.
- Trim the stems at a 45 degree angle.
- Remove any leaves that will sit below the water line in the vase.
- Carefully remove any protective netting using a pair of scissors.
- Some flowers come naturally protected by guard petals. You can remove these by just pulling them gently.
- Some foliage comes with multiple stems. You can snip these down into separate stems to help fill out your bouquet.
- Find a vase about 20 centimetres deep by seven centimetres wide, and fill it two thirds full with cold, fresh water.
- Remember to recut your stems at a 45 degree angle and change the water in the vase every couple of days to get the longest life out of your Vela step.
- Place your stems in a bright, cool spot, but make sure they're not in direct sunlight, and that there aren't any draughts nearby.
- Remember your stems come tightly in bud, so we can fit more in the box, and so you can get longer out of them.